As age catches up with an individual, he starts experiencing pain on his or her back after doing things that they did and never had the pains when young. Back pain management should help you deal with the pain. The muscles and joints begin to pain. It is not only age that can make you have back pains.
Listed below are some of the causes of back pains.
* Old age
* Incorrect posture when sitting or standing. One can experience pains on her back, neck or shoulders. If this happens, there was a problem with your sitting posture.
* Obesity or heavy weight.
* Injuries caused by sport activities.
When we experience back pains, we tend to ignore them and assume that we are only having discomfort. There is no need to assume any pain in the body since it could be serious. One needs back pain management to be able to deal with the annoying pain.
Listed below are methods that can be used to manage back pains.
1) Drugs-This can be only effective if the pain is in its early stages. Family drugs such as aspirin, Tylenol and brufen can help to ease the pain.
2) Therapies-People can use ice cubes or heat to ease back pains. However, it is important to know that ice cubes cannot be used on aback that is swollen. If it is not swollen, place ice cubes on the back for five to fifteen minutes and you will be relieved by the time the ice is being removed. You can use a warm or hot piece of cloth on a swollen back. After doing that the patient will feel better.
3) One can decide on having a light walk in order to relax the muscles and flex the joints. However, if you choose walking to help you ease you back pain, you should do it with a lot of caution since overdoing it will hurt your joints and muscles more.
4) It is also good to sit or lay comfortably to avoid straining your spine. When sitting, it is advisable to lift your legs a little and support them with a pillow. If you are sleeping, it is advisable to sleep on your side and place a pillow between your legs to ensure that your back is fully relaxed.
5) It is not advisable to stay in your bed unless instructed by a doctor. It could become complicated. It will only make your muscles stiff. Take your time and do some chores in your house or a light walk.
6) Massage -It is a method that is preferred by very many people. You could visit a massage parlor and have your back massaged. It is makes you relax and at least it is capable of solve the problem partially.
7) Some situations cannot be assumed and one needs to visit a doctor immediately. Having fevers and disrupted sleep are reasons enough to visit a doctor since they know a lot about back pain management.